18 Feb 2007

Comic Relief Relief

Not this twat again!
Why is it that everywhere I look these days I see Russell Brand? This wouldn't be bad if I could actually look at him without feeling the urge to strangle the shaggy haired cunt with a length of razor wire...

It's Comic Relief time again, so we can't get away from these unfunny bastards polluting our collective conciousness, all in the name of charity. As if that makes it alright for The Sugababes and that other bunch of micro-talented strumpets with a penchant for beating up cloakroom attendants to drag Walk This Way into the gutter outside TV Centre and beat it to death with outsized Red Noses.

And what does Lenny Henry do for the rest of the year? Bake doughnuts for that tedious wife of his? I am sure he is a perfectly nice chap, but let's face it, he reached his comedy zenith with Algernon Winston Razmatazz, didn't he?

Also on the subject of charity grin-a-thons, is it only me who finds the tendency of BBC Newsreaders and weathermen to dress up inappropriately (often in drag) to re-enact some feeble pop video faintly disturbing? The next time I am being told about the latest atrocity in Darfur or car bomb in Iraq which has scattered the body parts of 25 toddlers across some dusty marketplace, I may well find it hard to get the image of Huw Edwards prancing around dressed in suspender belt and bra out of my mind to make way for some gravitas...

Of course, if you want to donate, so so here - Official Comic Relief Website

No comments: